"I thought our engagement was excellent, and CCP staff were superlative. They were available, helpful, persistent when needed, and brought appropriate resources to the table. CCP took our initial proposal and worked with us to find the root causes of our concerns and we pivoted accordingly—a truly adept and thoughtful result of initial fact finding."
- Joe van Dyk, Director of Planning and Redevelopment, City of Gary, IN (2016)
Community Progress serves as the leading national resource for high-impact, cutting edge technical assistance that address the full cycle of problem property revitalization. By working intensively with those communities ready to innovate, we support local reform, while creating best practices and models that can be adapted to other communities across the country.
Through our technical assistance work, we...
- Diagnose the underlying factors that keep problem properties “stuck” in decline and negatively impact neighborhoods
- Help communities understand their existing tools and powers and develop new ones
- Support the development of comprehensive strategies to increase the effectiveness of local efforts
- Guide implementation of a community’s strategy and tools to help ensure success
Our areas of expertise are:
Comprehensive Assessment of Policies and Systems Related to Vacancy and Abandonment
Property Data Collection and Management Practices
Strategic Code Enforcement
Property Tax Enforcement and Foreclosure Reform
Land Banks and Land Banking
Vacant Land Maintenance, Open Space Planning, and Reuse Strategies
Read some examples of technical assistance projects that we have completed in the last few years.
To request technical assistance, please download and complete the Technical Assistance Request Form and email to Kim Graziani, Vice President and Director of National Technical Assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org.